Tuesday, May 31, 2005

A walk at midnight

I've recently come to the conclusion that nothing is as restoring as a walk at midnight, and listening to sad, slow music, simultaneously. It's extremely relaxing and restoring. It's worth giving a try if you're not in a particularly good mood (a mood which sort of expresses no faith in humanity), and as I find myself in such moods rather often these days, I've found myself putting on shoes at this unearthly hour with unbelievable regularity.
It helps if the night is clear and the moon is out. On such a day, taking a walk in the park, or some lonely place is even more useful. But if you live in Delhi, you run the risk of getting into a brawl with a dog or two (or a pack or two, depending on your luck), so carrying a stout stick along with your music player might not be a bad idea.
Another good place to walk is along a wide road, which is frequented by cows, cars, dogs, and humans during the day, and extremely lonely at night. Seeing two different variants of the same place is very soothing.
The pace of the walk is very important. If you're despairing, then walk at a brisk pace. If you're slightly upset, walk at a leisurely pace.
I can carry on like this forever, but I guess this boring for people out there, so I'll stop without further ado.
Thanking you for your patience,
Dhruv

4 comments:

Vintage Girl said...

i've tried dis too and it really helps to get rid of unwanted thoughts and to clear ur mind

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a great birthday! May 28th is also the birthday of my no-longer-best-friend Kriti. Ah, memories.
- The Saluter

Dhruv said...

Thanks alot, I did have a great birthday.

Gursartaj said...

whats keeping u down mr. D?
G