Thursday, May 05, 2005

Places of supreme significane in my life

Two places, as I've already mentioned, have been of supreme importance in my life for the past one year. They've changed the way I've looked at life, and how I've lived life. Their effect has been profound, to say the least. The places are:-
1. Priya (short for Basant Lok Complex)
What can one say about this place? It's a place that needs no introduction. It's more of an institution for dipsites than a place. As my cousin says "Hum to yahein paley-posey gaye hain". In the past one year, I've been visiting this place like a religious fanatic visits a temple. It's a place of pilgrimage, due to it's proximity to my home, homes of close friends, entertainment offered and fun and unpretentious atmosphere. Many a whack at the Chocolate Excess have I had under the humble roof of Barista and many pizzas have I munched under the thatched roof.
2. The Agarwal Study Centre
This is a magical place for me. I've studied here, had fun, had fun at the expense of Mr. Sanjay Agarwal, made friends and learnt things that I would never have learnt. Such was the level of enjoyment at this "Temple of Learning" that I looked forward to classes at the old centre. Just to meet friends, have fun and possibly even study. The reasons for this were numerous. The main reason being Sanjay Agarwal himself, the way he let us enjoy without any restrictions. The second being the students. They were a spirited lot, and i'm going to miss them much much more than my class at school (which consisted exclusively of losers, nerds, backstabbers and ass-holes). I made more friends here in one year than I did in 10 years in school. The way we used to sit for 45 minutes at Cafe Coffee Day when Agarwal gave us a 15 minute break, and how he would come after us to call us back! Just memories now.
Well, I think I'd better stop. Enough of this trash.
Bye Bye
(The names Kumar, Dhruv Kumar)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

does that include me?
G

Karan said...

Don't we lead an interesting life?

For pilgrimage, instead of going to a mountain top in the middle of winter, all we have to do is to go to Vasant Lok, visit book shops, watch movies and consume Chocolate Excess.

Have you tried their Apple Excess? It's good too.