Thursday, May 12, 2005

Insatiable Desires

What are 'insatiable desires'? I've heard countless people, magazines, journals, and others mention these two words, and then sigh. Are any desires truly insatiable? Is anything actually beyond reach, or is it that we never truly try hard enough?

For something we desire, we should be willing to try, try and try again. Try till we succeed. If you don't try hard enough, you probably don't desire it or you just give up too easily.

Is it possible, just possible, that things, deeds or actions that seem beyond our reach are actually within our reach/grasp, but we never try hard enough? Maybe we just don't try strive for things, and 'give up' too easily, so to speak. If this be the case, then we are entirely responsible for our failures, and obviously also our successes.

Or maybe, there is no limit to what we can do and achieve, but we just create a line or boundary beyond which we feel we can't go?

This leads us to something else: Is anything impossible, or beyond our ability? Is it?

I personally don't believe there is any limit to what anyone can achieve, given that we try hard enough, with zeal, persistence, enthusiasm and spirit. I also think that nothing is impossible, if the just-mentioned criteria are fulfilled. I don't like losers, I don't like people who give up, I feel they truly are failures, and need to help themselves.

Sorry about this wierd post, my posts are normally very frivolour and entirely free of any serious thought, but this time I just had to right a serious entry. Don't worry people, I'll probably never write a serious entry like this one again.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

man relly boring go bak to wot u wrote like earlier... no serious stuff yaar... we don like 2 think... hehe!

Anonymous said...

jus remmembered... sumthins r imposs... like say movin the mount everest or climbin it wid ur hands tied... wot say?

Dhruv said...

I repeat: Nothing is impossible. The tasks that you have mentioned are, undoubtedly, tough, but not impossible, if you keep trying. But then thats my belief, you're entitlede to yours so I won't argue.
By the way, which Arnav would that be? The aggarwal one, I mean the one who comes to aggarwal?

Dhruv said...

*entitled

Anonymous said...

Yea that was him
i found your blog on google and we were talking about your blog when you came that day to agarwal and we started laughing!!!
-Wicked Chutney
you'll hafta guess who i am or ill telya before the class on monday!!!
btw, are you in grief or mourning?

Karan said...

I am simply confounded by how so many people still manage to mispell weird as "wierd". Weird...

Samar Owais said...

I'm from the misspelling "wierd" clan. Weird how I never even thought of checking the spelling. Have been spelling it wrong all these years.

Dhruv said...

Oh sorry, just didn't know the spelling!

Dhruv said...

And I really can't guess who Wicked Chutney is, stupid name if you ask me. And I still dont understand why you were laughing that day, its just absurd.