Monday, May 09, 2005

Monday morning at priya

This morning I visited The Basant Lok complex, and much to my surprise, found a group of 15 modernites, in school uniform, occupying four tables and 8 chairs at Barista, at 11:30 when they should have been studying in their classrooms. Their presence was not surprising (In the past week, after the vacations started, I've been to Priya everyday, and have found Modernites with equal regularity), merely their number. I've never seen them bunk in such large numbers. I admire their cheek!
A disturbing happening which has weakened my faith in humanity, was the presence of Tagoreans (students of Tagore International School) at Priya, when even they should have been in class studying whatever they study. Modernites are excused from this, as I'm quite familiar with their "thinking ability" (coined by Sanjay Aggarwal) but Tagoreans, I had a higher opinion of them. I never thought they could stoop so low, to the level of Modernites!
On a monday morning at Priya, after you wade your way through Modernites and Tagoreans, you're bound to find droves of fat women (And I mean Fat) who have nothing to do and just "float" from shop to shop buying practically nothing.
After I'd made my way through these categories of the human race I was struck by a bolt of lightning. I was shaken and stirred. I saw a fat lady who had dyed her hair BLUE, no doubt with the best of motives, but it further shook my already battered faith in the human race.
In fact, at this time on mondays, shopkeepers shouldnt bother opening their shops. They get practically no real customers, just errant schoolgoers and fat women. Thats it. Not worth their time, I should think, but it seems they enjoy entertaining the above mentioned class of people, for some reasons, which remain in the deep recesses of their brains.
Those, as you must have noticed, were my views on Monday Morning at Priya. Should you, for some reason, remain in doubt, I would recommend reading this entry again, to get a better hang of it, though I will not be held responsible if you die of boredom.
S'all for now people.
Dhruv Kumar has had his say.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LMAO! "A disturbing happening which has weakened my faith in humanity, was the presence of Tagoreans (students of Tagore International School) at Priya" - do you intend to say that all those who study are humans and all those who don't aren't humans?
And the blue hair...eeeeeeks...weirdos...what's wrong with black hair?!
- The Saluter

Anonymous said...

hello D
wats bin up with u lately
i agree with u on our class.. i wudnt be surprised to be on ur list
anyways
keep rocking
G

Dhruv said...

The blue hair really beats me. I don't know what the fat lady was thinking.

mayank said...

There are enough Modernites who attend classes and those who make their parents proud, the rest i am sorry but they are "disowned" by the modernite community.

Ex Modernite