Wednesday, July 14, 2004

Internet blues

In a dark, cluttered and small room a knock was heard. A lean man about 6 feet of height and 30 years of age walked to the door and pulled it open.
"who is it?" he said in a hoarse whisper.
"It's me, Brian" came the reply.
Brian walked in and seated himself on a table cluttered with books.
"What's the progress like?" asked Brian.
"It's just about done. I'll finish the rest in about half an hour"
"So doomsday is near!"
"You could say that if things go according to the POA."
"Why do you sound doubtful. It's seems to be easy enough. Just email it in 'harmless' packages"
"Emailing a virus isn't that easy, you know."
"why not? Just make it an attachment."
"There are many problems"
"Like anti-virus software, scanners and stuff? I thought you found a way through them?"
"As a matter of fact, I did. But I overlooked a seemingly unimportant detail. That is, the internet"
"what do you mean"
"I mean i've been trying for the past half hour and haven't been able to connect till now. And unless I can connect I can't get through the anti-virus software or the scanners and such."

You see what a barrier the internet has become. Dial-up is a curse on man kind. It's like knowing where heaven is but not being able to go there because it takes too long or you can't get a connection. Though in this case it might have been for the better of mankind in most cases we mere mortals just wish to get some info for our school reports or cheat codes or some info about a shoe or a comp. I think I must stop chattering on and on, so that's all for now, folks!

Note: I'm not obsessed with the internet and it's numerous problems but I do like writing about it.

No comments: