Tuesday, September 07, 2004

I'm back!

Yes, I have been using this title too often, but it is always apt. But this time, due to no fault of my own. My internet service provider, namely sify, was for some reason not providing internet since friday afternoon. I called them atleast 10 times but they refused to come and check it out the connection. They kept saying "Sir, probably your computer is malfunctioning. If you don't have a DVD ROM Drive it won't work properly." Why do I need a DVD rom for a cable connection? Just don't know. What was supposed to be an unlimited hours connection (unlimited mb as well) turned out to be worse than MTNL. Supposedly 128 kbps, it's actually slower than MTNL. Darn!
I called the fellow again on the days that followed and today he finally arrived. The problem? Nothing! Apparently their local server was down and they didn't even know! But it's alright, the fellow was very apologetic and I'll be getting the next two months free of cost. Great!
I have alot to say because I haven't been able to write since friday. Had a geography test this monday. Didn't study much so it didn't go too well, but it was a very simple paper, so I'll get average marks.
Today, ofcourse, was a holiday (The birthday of Krishna I think). Great thing. Holidays are always welcome. Their reason, however, is of little or no consequence. (BJP and VHP activists and Hindu fundamentalists will skin me alive for saying Krishna's brithday is of no consequence!)
On a side note, my blog has now crossed 200 hits! Not a big milestone for mosts sites, but it is a milestone for me. And now, if you do search on google for Dhruv Kumar, my blog is on the second position. Feels great to be found on google.
Tomorrow is wednesday. You might say that's obvious since today was a tuesday but wednesdays are very important to me. I start feeling euphoric. Why? Because half of the week is over and soon the weekend will have arrived. Weekends mean holidays. And holidays, as I mentioned, are always welcome, whatever their reason.
I think I've written too much crap for one day, so I'll write more tomorrow. Bye bye people!
Dhruv signing off.
P.S. You won't be able to post comments due to an internal blogger error. I'm trying to find out more about and will try to fix it.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

very very stupid blog.

Anonymous said...

Your blog expresses only your views.

Dhruv said...

I'm allowing anonymous comments again on the condition you'll leave your name.

Karan said...

Good use of the Future Perfect tense there. Methinks English has more tenses than most languages (hence people screw them up veeeery frequently). Now, I want somebody to do the hard work for me, and find out which language has the most tenses please.

Dhruv said...

Hindi has a lot of tenses. So does french.

Dhruv said...

You say my blog has only my views. What do you expect? It's my blog, so it's unlikely you'll find Cheney's views.

Anonymous said...

This is a stupid blog. Ban it.

Anonymous said...

You wrote 1 gb is 1000mb.

Dhruv said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

All these comments were posted by Manas Gautam

Manas said...

SEE if I comment it comes wid manas k so dont blame things on me

Dhruv said...

Alright.