Monday, October 11, 2004

The neighbour

On friday I had my neighbour's son over. A truly forgettable experience. He wasn't troublesome, he just wasn't there. Upon his arrival, I greeted him with a 'hullo' and a warm handshake. In reply, something was mumbled. The conversation that ensued was totally one-sided. This is part of the conversation.
Dhruv: Hullo! How are you?
Neighbour: (something mumbled)
Dhruv: Which school do you go to?
Neighbour: Apeejay
Dhruv: You're in the 6th right?
Neighbour: Yes.
Dhruv: Do you like playing computer games?
Neighbour: (Some incomprehensible form of assent)
Dhruv: Would you like to play UT?
Neighbour: Yes.
Dhruv: Or Fifa?
Neighbour: Yes
Dhruv: Which one?
Neighbour: Anyone.
Dhruv: You must choose one.
Neighbour: Anything.
Dhruv: C'mon.
Neighbour: You choose.
Dhruv: Alright, Fifa.
Neighbour: Yes.
Such was the conversation. I seated the dumb guy on a chair and started Fifa for 'em. I had him off my hands for a whole 15 minutes. I had been hoping he'd at least play for an hour or two. But, it was not to be.
I was once again entrusted the task of entertaining him. I went through a list of games that we could play, and he finally agreed to Ludo. Ludo is a game, if you can call it that, which is excrucaitingly boring and childish. He enjoyed it. I played with him for one painful hour. Then, he felt hungry and slept on the couch. As he slept, I surfed the 'net' and his parents arrived to pick him up. Thank God.
S'all for now.
Dhruv Signing off.

5 comments:

Akhil said...

Do you mean it, hayn??

Dhruv said...

Hope not.

Karan said...

I read the French paper; it was tough.

When I find out how this entry fits into Life, the Universe and Everything, I'll give you a ring.

Dhruv said...

Didn't quite get what you were saying.

Karan said...

I meant that, when I see a point to this conversation, I'll intimate you.