Thursday, October 21, 2004

Age

"How old are you" I ask. A reply in years, usually alot less than a hundred, is given. I would have given a similar reply, until my science tutor put a very interesting idea in my head; We've been here for trillions of years. The atoms that make up our body have been in existence for God knows how long. A Carbon atom in your arm might have been part of a dinosaurs ages ago or a piece of shit. Scary. I don't have much to say about it, but I found it pretty darned interesting.
I knew about the conservation of mass and all that, but I had never pondered about this. Yes, it is insignificant and boring, but I found it pretty interesting.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

The purpose of this post?

Karan said...

Interesting, to say in the least. It's the first thing that's given me pause for thought today.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
udit said...

ummmm.....
i don't appreciate the fact that any part of me might have been shit. nevertheless it is interesting.

Dhruv said...

No one does.