Friday, February 25, 2005

Recent Developments

Long time, no post, so I decided to post. Some recent developments:-
1. A pigeon has acquired real estate in my neighbourhood, in the form of the upper surface of my Air Conditioner, with the effect that I'm experience cluck-clucking when I'm awake. And the sound by it's feet reminds me of a an army wearing hob-nailed boots marching on a tin bridge. Very disturbing.
2. The girl upstairs has started skating. And she skates ALL THE TIME. Skates ti breakfast, to lunch, to study, even dans la salle de bains. And the worst part is, I hear it, and ALL THE TIME.
3. All my neighbours have taken it upon themselves to get married right now. Suddenly, they've been possesed by this urge to get married and produces noises like never before. And dance like injured rabbits.
And with all this going on, I'm supposed to study for my Social Studies Board Exam. It's dynamite. Social Studies, in my opinion, should be banned by an act of Parliament. We have the right to seek constitutional remedy, and now I seek it! Ban this godforsaken subject. What makes it worse is the language used in the NCERT with phrases like "Suppose we have RS. 5 with us and we require many things. We like to buy a chocolate, a pen and a pencil box" or "The CBWE, formed in 1958, is doing significant work by creating understanding and enthusiasm among workers for the success of industrial growth". And we're supposed to memorize this bilge word by word.
Enough of complaining, I must be getting back to SSt.
Bye

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is this the case with all pigeons coz there a few on the ac of my room too
even on the awnings
weird!
neways bestaluck
G

Maanick said...

dude we had 4 books u have one book .. feel lucky! though it has to be said that ur science is nothing like what we had ahh class 10th science it was the best!