Thursday, December 02, 2004

Flirting

Flirting, as a term, is greatly misunderstood by a lot of people(especially tenthies). To the misunderstanders(coined by my Science tutor), it applies to merely conversing with the opposite sex.
I know this out of experience. In fact, I had such an experience today. I was talking to a girl at the Agarwal Study Centre, and some very smart dude walked by and said "Dhruv, stop flirting" and put up a show of trying to restrain a laugh. So I will endeavour to make the meaning slightly more clear to the less informed ones, and hopefully, such embarrassing situations can be avoided.
I call these occurrences embarrassing because in many cases, the two parties involved may have no such inclination.
Now, here's the real meaning:

  1. To make playfully romantic or sexual overtures.
  2. To deal lightly, casually, or flippantly with someone or something
  3. Playful behavior intended to arouse sexual interest

That's about it.
Thank you for being patient.
Dhruv signing off.

No comments: